Friday, March 15, 2013

Twitter Message Of The Day

Cenk Uygur gets it right:


Twitter Message by Cenk Uygur, Mar. 15, 2013

He'll get no argument from me. As one respondent put it, it's just that one of those two parties is more up front about its goal of serving the rich than the other is. Come to think of it, I've written that in the past. A lot. I also wrote this:

As I've noted, Ralph Nader's admonition that when you choose between two evils, what you end up with is evil, is just as true today. When you're in the habit of just choosing the lesser evil, the evils will get worse over time.

Quote Of The Day, Oct. 29, 2011

So far, I don't see any reason to recant that prediction.

2 comments:

One Fly said...

He's right,you're right. A lot think they're right. Our side is
s totally fucked up. You are not a Progressive if you think these people you vote into office will support your causes because they speak a type of Progressive sounding lingo so they can get the vote from you. bama is the best at that. We are really in deep shit and another fact of the matter is there are few of us. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Cujo359 said...

Lambert Strether is guessing that the left in this country is maybe 14 percent of the voting public. I'd guess there might be a few more, but I'd be shocked if any poll that made an estimate based on peoples' attitudes and opinions about social and political issues put it at more than twenty.

The rest are either conservatives or they're kidding themselves.