Friday, June 22, 2012

Lunchtime Cute

It's lunch break out here on the West Coast, at least, and I'm tired of reading about politics and the shenanigans of the people who cover them. So, here's a double dose of cute. First off, thanks to Yves at Naked Capitalism, here's a "duck chases man" story:



Video credit: original YouTube page

I've been in this situation once or twice, and while it's cute when you're not the one being chased, when I'm in that position all I can think is "Please go away, so I don't have to figure out how to take care of you for the rest of your life!"

The second is Dana Hunter's story of her adventures in frog stalking:

I didn’t even see that much at first, because the little bugger had splooshed into the water the instant it heard me coming. How is it that the wildlife round here always knows when I’ve got the camera ready? Fortunately, there are three froggies to choose from, and the one just down the way didn’t give a rat’s ass whether I had a camera or not.


Froggy II, otherwise known as Bullfrog the Bold.

And then, by the time I’d got back up to the main part of the ditch, Froggy the First was peeking out, and looked mightily astonished that freaky lady was back again.

Interlude with Frogs

Lots more drama, and lots more pictures, are at the quote credit link.

There you are - way too much cute for a late evening meal, but you have plenty of time to digest it now, don't you?

UPDATE (Jun 23): Finally fixed that first link about the shenanigans. It has to do withe reporter Joseph Williams of Politico for (apparently) being suspended for saying he thinks Mitt Romney's uncomfortable around black people. I don't know how comfortable Romney is around anyone who isn't in his circle, but this in and of itself is a sign of journalistic malfeasance. Even the off-color jokes about Mitt Romney that Williams made on Twitter don't rise to that level, near as I can tell. Frankly, if the guy is drinking the Obama campaign kool-aid, I'd rather know, wouldn't you?

2 comments:

One Fly said...

"Please go away, so I don't have to figure out how to take care of you for the rest of your life!"

Ain't that the truth!

Cujo359 said...

Apparently, I'm not much of a nurturer ...